2020 Pandemic Relief grants
We have created a new restricted pandemic relief fund to support HCUA affiliate members under $100M in asset size. Credit unions may apply to HCUCF for limited emergency funding to address immediate or future expenses they will incur as they transition to address the challenges that the COVID-19 crisis has created for the industry. We will accept applications on a rolling basis as funding permits.
Pandemic relief grants will be made available in 2020 to help small credit unions in preparing the credit union for serving their members and protecting their employees as a result of the pandemic. Grant requests can be up to $2,500 and must be used to support expenses directly related to the pandemic including but not limited to:
- Purchase of safety and personal protective equipment (masks, plexiglass, hand sanitizer, etc.)
- Operational or technological expenses that support infrastructure or business continuity (Laptops or other tools for working from home to prepare for future stay at home orders)
- New/upgraded tools or services that allow for limiting contact/exposure for employees or customers (Online banking, remote deposit, signature pads, etc.)
- Long-term expenses that will be incurred by the credit union in adjusting to changes in staffing models, member service or health and safety. (Adjustments to branches, drive-throughs, etc.)
- Remote/virtual services to serve members or provide financial education or counseling (webcams and virtual tellers, live chat to limit branch traffic)
- Creating programs or services which target populations that are disproportionately impacted by the crisis. (Targeting low-income, minority, at-risk or unbanked, etc. to prevent fraud, etc.)
- Unlike other HCUCF grants, pandemic-related expenses that have been incurred after March 15th, 2020 will be considered.
- There is no requirement to match these funds. Funds are limited and restricted for pandemic relief. HCUCF will only grant funds that have been allocated for this emergency fund. We ask that credit unions only ask for what they need to address this transition and allow us to help as many as possible.
How to apply
- Complete the application form, approved by the credit union CEO or manager.
- Attach a full project budget (expenses and revenue with narrative for line items), amount requested from the Foundation, and how the remaining project revenue will be raised to fully fund the initiative.
- Send all supplemental application information to: Andrea Robinson, HCUCF executive director, via email. If you have not received a confirmation email, please call 913.297.2474 for confirmation.
Apply for Pandemic Relief Grant
Reports are due within 6 months of receiving the grant. Find the Pandemic Relief Grant report.