Voluntary St. Louis Chapter Program to Benefit CMN
As part of the National Credit Union Youth Week and the credit union philosophy of people helping people, the St. Louis Chapter of credit unions is encouraging participation in a voluntary Cause Marketing effort benefiting Children’s Miracle Network (CMN). Participation in this program is not required for your credit union to participate in Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Youth Savings Challenge. The following outlines the voluntary Cause Marketing program:
During the month of April, participating credit unions agree to donate $5 to CMN for the following:
- Each new account opened for a primary account owner age 18 and under and/or
- Each $50 or greater deposit made to an existing youth account
Credit Union Responsibilities
- Promote the event to credit union members and local community
- Track the number of eligible new accounts opened and/or deposits made in April
- Make the applicable credit union donation directly to CMN
- Report the above totals to the Chapter for use in a follow-up press release (A copy of the 2011 press release is attached)
CMN will also promote the chapter’s campaign using its marketing resources.
Participating credit unions are encouraged to add their own activities to the event such as, a coloring contest using CUNA’s free coloring page with a prize determined by the credit union, holding a parent/child financial education class, or staff incentives for opening new youth accounts.