New Breakout Sessions Added to C&E Agenda
The Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) strives to provide the latest information relevant to the credit unions of Missouri. To help us achieve that goal, this year's Convention & Exposition will now include two additional breakout sessions with noteworthy topics. Please visit the event's page for a full agenda. Click here to register.
Bank On MOre - Consumer Awareness Campaign
Presenter: Halley Hayden, the Missouri Credit Union Association
Date/Time: Wednesday, October 23, 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Learning objective: The consumer awareness campaign Bank On MOre launched in 2013 and aimed to educate Missourians on the benefits of credit union membership. This session will cover how the campaign performed in 2013 and what the future holds for Bank On MOre.
- Campaign Metrics
- Social Media Activity
- Future of Consumer Awareness for the Credit Unions of Missouri
Interest Rate Risk, Regulatory Issues and Investment Sectors for Missouri Credit Unions
Presenter: Jeffrey Caughron, The Baker Group
Date/Time: Wednesday, October 23, 3:20 - 4:45 p.m.
Learning objective: Introduce importance of board level education and developing effective ALCO processes to manage interest rate risk and maximize return on assets to improve share and loan rates for your members.
- Methods to assist CEO/CFO’s with Board Level Education
- Asset/Liability Management Update
- Balance Sheet Regulatory Update
- Combating Balance Sheet Margin Compression Using the Investment Portfolio
- Credit Union Investment Strategies for Low Rates
- MBS, CMO and Federal Agency Basics