Eligibility and requirements:
- HCUA affiliate members in Missouri and Kansas may apply with or without a nonprofit or other partner organization to deliver financial wellness programs.
- Schools and nonprofit programs interested in this grant opportunity must partner with a credit union and the credit union must submit the application with documented support from the partner organization.
- The stated goal of the funded project or event must address financial wellness and have a documented, quantifiable impact on credit union members and/or the broader community.
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis and deadlines can be found at www.hcucf.org. A credit union may submit another grant request upon completion of any previous grant-funded project and the submission of a final report.
- Eligible financial wellness projects include (but are not limited to):
- Health and social services
- Events or initiatives in partnership with or in support of 501c3 organizations
- Other financial wellness opportunities may be presented to the Foundation
- Financial wellness grants award a maximum of $10,000 or 50% of the total project cost, whichever is less. Applicants must invest at least 50% of the total project cost.
- Financial wellness grants will not fund staff salaries or operational needs.
- HCUCF staff and a volunteer committee will review applications as they are received, and may approve or deny requests based on policy set forth by the HCUCF Board of Directors. The grants review committee places priority on proposals which:
- Clearly demonstrate measurable financial wellness impact tied to the specific needs of the credit union membership or community
- Launch new financial wellness programs or expand current programs
- Have an evaluation plan to measure both individual and community impact
- Make a lasting impact on the credit union, the movement and/or their community
- Create financial equity for historically marginalized or disinvested communities, people, or groups.
- Funding is awarded based on demonstrated need, quantifiable impact on financial wellness, availability of funds and the HCUCF budget for each year.
- If the grant is approved, the credit union must implement the program and expend grant funds within a 12-month period.
- Grant recipients will be required to post and share their projects on CU Social Good (www.cusocialgood.com, a nationwide site that promotes the good work of credit unions) as well as social media outlets linked to HCUA platforms.
- A final report must be completed within one week of the completion of the grant. Reporting documents are available on hcucf.org. Testimonials, video, and success stories are encouraged. Reporting details will be issued with approved grant proposals.
How to apply:
- Contact Andrea Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 913-297-2474, AT LEAST ONE WEEK prior to the submission deadline to discuss your proposed project. Grant deadlines are available on www.hcucf.org.
- Complete the application form, signed by the credit union CEO or manager.
- If applicable, include a letter of support from the partner organization, clearly stating the community need being addressed and how the organization will be an active partner.
- If applicable, attach partner organization’s 501c3 tax-exempt status letter, program materials, and a recent annual report.
- Attach a full project budget (expenses and revenue with narrative for line items), amount requested from the Foundation, and how the remaining project revenue will be raised to fully fund the initiative.
- Download and fill out the PDF at the bottom of the page, as well as all application information listed above to Andrea Robinson, HCUCF Executive Director, email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone 913.297.2474 for confirmation.
Apply for Financial Wellness Grant
Fill out all of the application sections in this fillable PDF APPLICATION and send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org along with your grant budget and any other applicable attachments. We are making some exciting updates to the website, and will use this application method for the current round of grants.