Already a council member?
Click on a council login option in the left menu.
Councils promote synergy among all Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska credit unions as the regional, primary source for uniting and energizing individuals and credit unions by sharing best practices, education and resources. Contact Amy Pennington, 800.392.3074, x1321 for more information.
- Networking: Share ideas and learn from other credit union staff through a listserve, conference calls and education opportunities. Conference calls and listserve are for Council members only.
- Resources: One stop shop for credit union specific information.
- Education: A great place to learn through webinars, lunch and learn events, seminars and other opportunities specific to Council members. Council members receive a 10% discount* off of some training opportunities related to their discipline (i.e. Lending Council members will receive a discount off of face-to-face lending training). This discount does not apply to webinars at this time. *available to credit unions who do not qualify for asset size pricing on face-to-face events.
- Leadership Opportunities: Each Council is run by credit union leaders and any Council member is eligible to hold a leadership position. In addition, each council is assigned an HCUA staff person to serve as a Council liaison to support the Council.
Join a Council
Complete the form to join a council.
|JOIN A COUNCIL|
Eligibility and Membership Dues
Council membership is available to employees or volunteers of affiliated Kansas, Missouri or Nebraska credit unions or their CUSOs.
- CUnext Young Professionals: open to all young professionals under 40 years old.
- Compliance Council: for those responsible for compliance issues at your credit union.
- HR/Training: for those responsible for credit union staffing, policy, training and employment related issues.
- Innovation/Technology: for those responsible for the technologies at their credit union.
- Lending: for those who manage or facilitate the lending process.
- Marketing: for those responsible for the marketing function at their your credit union.
Annual dues are from January 1 - December 31. Annual dues are based on asset size and are a per-person, per-council fee.
|Credit Union asset size||1st Council Member||Additional Council Members|
|$29.99M and under in assets||FREE||FREE|
|Between $30M - $74.99M in assets||$50||$25|
|Over $75M in assets||$95||$50|
Council Association Liaisons
Each Council has an Association liaison to serve as a resource between the Councils and the Association.
Compliance Council liaison:
Amy Pennington, 800.392.3074, x1321.
CUnext Young Professionals Council liaisons:
Nora Revie, 800.392.3074, x1349.
Lending Council liaison:
Tana Hoffman, 800.392,3074, x1336.
Marketing Council liaisons:
Susan Dyer, 800.392.3074, x1362
Each Council is lead by leadership committee members whose duties include:
- Programming and content creation for Council events
- Council leadership development
- Communication to members, HCUA/NCUL boards and HCUA/NCUL liaisons
- Act as facilitator at meetings, make introductions at training sessions
- Promote membership
Interested in being a leadership committee member? Contact Amy Pennington, 800.392.3074, x1321.
Call for nominations take place in October of each year. Elections are held in November. New directors will begin serving their terms January 1. In the event of a vacancy, the leadership committee will appoint a current council member to serve the remainder of the term.
Resources & Helpful Links:
|Council Signup Form|