Webinar: HMDA Solutions: Achieving Data Integrity for Effective Fair Lending Analysis
Where do you find the answers to these questions? This webinar explains the examiners’ approach when analyzing HMDA performance. You will receive practical analysis tools to monitor HMDA activity throughout the year to proactively manage fair lending concerns. HMDA data analysis is the first step to defend your fair lending program. Learn how to document that your lending practices are based on non-discriminatory factors and avoid a “criteria interview” and a fair lending exam.
- Data integrity and accuracy are crucial. Learn the definitions, common reporting errors, and best practices for HMDA data validation, including tips for using the new HMDA Getting it Right! guide released April 18, 2013, and the FFIEC geocode system that was updated July 10, 2013.
- NEW! The NCUA issued a new Fair Lending Guide in March and explained their expectations for fair lending compliance, including the importance of accurate HMDA reporting and analysis.
- Could your credit union be a “HMDA outlier” because the data shows the lending patterns are outside the normal range for pricing, denials, withdrawals, or lending terms? What’s normal?
- How to identify pricing discrimination triggers from the most-recent fair lending exam “benchmarks”
- Learn how to avoid common analysis mistakes and correctly compare “apples to apples”
- Cheat sheet to give simple data control steps for each of the 26 data fields
- HMDA Data Collection Worksheets to help you work smarter, not harder
- HMDA flow chart to identify reportable transactions
- Highlights of the new 2013 119-page Guide to HMDA Reporting: Getting It Right!
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for senior lending management, loan officers, compliance officers, risk managers, and auditors. It is designed for both new and experienced staff who deal with HMDA analysis and fair lending concerns.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 34-year career was spent as a banker in several areas including lending, loan administration, electronic banking, and compliance risk management.
Susan has written numerous training manuals and successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has worked for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
THREE REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
1. LIVE WEBINAR
The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone. Registrants receive a toll-free number and pass code that will allow entrance to the seminar. The session will be approximately 90 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Seminar materials, including instructions, PIN number, and handouts will be emailed to you prior to the broadcast. You will need the most-current version of Adobe Reader available free at www.adobe.com.
Listen to the
Instructions will be emailed with the archived webinar link.
2. ARCHIVED WEBINAR & FREE CD ROM*
Can’t attend the live webinar? The archived webinar is a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address so you may ask follow-up questions. Approximately one week prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with the archived webinar link. This webinar link can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 6 business days after the webinar and will expire 6 months after the live program date.
As an added bonus, you will also receive a FREE audio/visual CD ROM.* The CD ROM includes the original audio/visual presentation, the question and answer sessions, and the handouts. Use the archived webinar or this “off-the-shelf” training program for those that could not attend the live seminar and for future training.
The archived webinar (including the free CD ROM) may ONLY be ordered for 6 months following the webinar. Neither will be available after this time.
3. BOTH LIVE WEBINAR & ARCHIVED WEBINAR (INCLUDES FREE CD ROM*)
Options 1 and 2 described above
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE
*CD ROM is for Mac and PC use only
This event is being conducted by CU Web Training on behalf of the Missouri Credit Union Association. Click here to register: https://mcua.fed.cuwebtraining.com/store/webinar
October 24th, 2013 2:00 PM through 3:30 PM