Webinar: Credit Union Business Documents: Email & ESI Retention, Destruction Policies & Procedures
- What is an electronic business record?
- What does the law demand regarding preservation and production of email & ESI?
- What do regulators require for management and maintenance of business records?
- Writing effective, best-practice email-retention policies
- Why your record retention policy must be supported with litigation hold rules
- Determining record lifecycles and deletion schedules
- How and why electronic business records are often mismanaged
- E-discovery: Courts demand prompt production of e-evidence for lawsuits and regulatory audits
- Electronic evidence: How to ensure your credit union’s email and ESI are legally valid
- Educating employees about record retention rules
- Technology solutions: How and why you must archive email and other ESI
- Real-life disaster stories: Costly consequences of record mismanagement and noncompliance
- Timely, expert advice, best practices, and compliance tips to implement immediately
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for professionals who want to ensure that their credit unions’ email and other electronic business records are managed and maintained in compliance with the law and regulatory rules. Compliance officers, lawyers, records managers, IT professionals, risk managers, operations managers, and others charged with preserving, protecting, and producing email and other forms of electronically stored information will benefit.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Nancy Flynn, The ePolicy Institute™
A recognized expert on workplace e-mail policy, management and communications, Nancy is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute™. The Institute is dedicated to helping employers limit e-mail risks, including litigation and regulatory investigations, via policy, training, and technology.
Nancy is the author of several books including The e-Policy Handbook and Writing Effective E-Mail. A popular speaker and seminar leader, she has conducted onsite and online training for financial institutions, financial services firms, and other clients worldwide. She also serves as an expert witness in e-mail-related litigation.
THREE REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
1. LIVE WEBINAR
The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone. Registrants receive a toll-free number and pass code that allow entrance to the seminar. The session will be approximately 90 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Seminar materials, including instructions, PIN number, and handouts will be emailed to you prior to the broadcast. You will need the most-current version of Adobe Reader available free at www.adobe.com.
Listen to the
Instructions will be emailed to you with
2. ON-DEMAND WEB LINK & FREE CD ROM*
Can’t attend the live webinar? The on-demand web link is a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address so you may ask follow-up questions. Approximately one week prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with the web link. This web link can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 6 business days after the webinar and will expire 6 months after the live program date.
As an added bonus, you will also receive a FREE audio/visual CD ROM.* The CD ROM includes the original audio/visual presentation, the question and answer sessions, and the handouts. Use the on-demand link or this “off-the-shelf” training program for those that could not attend the live seminar and for future training.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY: The on-demand web link and CD ROM may ONLY be ordered for 6 months following the webinar. Neither the link nor CD will be available after this time.
3. BOTH LIVE WEBINAR & ON-DEMAND WEB LINK (INCLUDES FREE CD ROM*)
Options 1 and 2 described above
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE
*CD ROM is for Mac and PC use only
This event is being conducted by CU Web Training on behalf of the Missouri Credit Union Association. Click here to register.
December 13th, 2012 2:00 PM through 3:30 PM