Webinar: Director Series: Compliance Management & Fair Lending Training for the Board
- NCUA Rule 701.4 for directors (general authorities and duties of federal credit union directors)
- Best practices for effective compliance management, including succession planning and compliance oversight
- Recent developments in fair lending issues
- What regulators expect board members to understand about compliance management
- What type of overview should be in place when new regulations require a board-approved policy or procedure?
- Critical compliance training for new board members
- Five “best practices” for making compliance reports to the board
- What should the board understand about fair lending? How does the CFPB impact your credit union?
- What are the risk factors in fair lending analysis and what type of reviews should be presented to the board?
- Recent enforcement actions regarding vendor management and violations of fair lending laws
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of five best practices for board education
- Seven steps for effective board succession planning
- Best practices checklist for vendor management
- Sample template for compliance reports for the board
- Checklist of annual policies that should be adopted
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for directors, Supervisory Committee members, volunteers-in-training and other volunteers, CEOs, managers, auditors, compliance officers, and senior management.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 35-year career was spent as a banker in several areas including lending, loan administration, electronic banking, and compliance risk management.
Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
THREE REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
1. LIVE WEBINAR
The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone. Registrants receive a toll-free number and pass code that will allow entrance to the seminar. The session will be approximately 90 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Seminar materials, including instructions, PIN number, and handouts will be emailed to you prior to the broadcast. You will need the most-current version of Adobe Reader available free at www.adobe.com.
2. ARCHIVED WEBINAR & FREE CD ROM*
Can’t attend the live webinar? The archived webinar is a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address so you may ask follow-up questions. Approximately one week prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with the archived webinar link. This webinar link can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 6 business days after the webinar and will expire 6 months after the live program date.
As an added bonus, you will also receive a FREE audio/visual CD ROM.* The CD ROM includes the original audio/visual presentation, the question and answer sessions, and the handouts. Use the archived webinar or this “off-the-shelf” training program for those that could not attend the live seminar and for future training.
The archived webinar (including the free CD ROM) may ONLY be ordered for 6 months following the webinar. Neither will be available after this time.
3. BOTH LIVE WEBINAR & ARCHIVED WEBINAR (INCLUDES FREE CD ROM*)
Options 1 and 2 described above.
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE
*CD ROM is for Mac and PC use only
This event is being conducted by CU Web Training on behalf of the Missouri Credit Union Association. Click here to register: https://mcua.fed.cuwebtraining.com/store/webinar
August 20th, 2014 2:00 PM through 3:30 PM