Webinar: The Effect of NCUA’s New Fair Lending Exam Procedures onUnderwriting, Servicing & Collections
Join us to learn the most current fair lending “red flags” and “hot buttons” as highlights of the new NCUA guide from the CFBP are reviewed. The 50 checklist questions related to underwriting, servicing, and collections will be addressed and you will understand how to effectively make any required changes to your policies and procedures. This session will help you to prepare for an NCUA fair lending exam.
- Will the Dodd-Frank Act change how your credit union makes and documents lending decisions?
- Do your underwriting criteria need to be changed?
- Fundamentals of fair lending, including best practices for inquiries, loan interviews, application processing, and documenting denials
- What you should know about the new NCUA Fair Lending Guide
- Will you need to make changes in how loans are serviced or collected?
- What do you need to know about underwriting “qualified mortgages?” What about the new home ownership counseling requirements?
- How an effective internal fair-lending review can detect problems before NCUA examiners arrive
- Fair-lending risk-assessment template that will help your FCU determine the quantity and quality of fair-lending risk
- Checklists for preventing common lending-compliance mistakes in Regulation B technical compliance including an Adverse Action Guide
Analysis of the NCUA checklists for Reg B, fair housing, and HMDA
- Suggested best practices to prove compliance and reduce fair-lending risk, especially in underwriting, servicing, and collections
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for federal credit union compliance officers, underwriters, auditors, loan administration staff, and servicing and collection employees.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 34-year career was spent as a banker in several areas including lending, loan administration, electronic banking, and compliance risk management.
Susan has written numerous training manuals and successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has worked for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
THREE REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
1. LIVE WEBINAR
The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone. Registrants receive a toll-free number and pass code that will allow entrance to the seminar. The session will be approximately 90 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Seminar materials, including instructions, PIN number, and handouts will be emailed to you prior to the broadcast. You will need the most-current version of Adobe Reader available free at www.adobe.com.
Listen to the
Instructions will be emailed with the archived webinar link.
2. ARCHIVED WEBINAR & FREE CD ROM*
Can’t attend the live webinar? The archived webinar is a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address so you may ask follow-up questions. Approximately one week prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with the archived webinar link. This webinar link can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 6 business days after the webinar and will expire 6 months after the live program date.
As an added bonus, you will also receive a FREE audio/visual CD ROM.* The CD ROM includes the original audio/visual presentation, the question and answer sessions, and the handouts. Use the archived webinar or this “off-the-shelf” training program for those that could not attend the live seminar and for future training.
The archived webinar (including the free CD ROM) may ONLY be ordered for 6 months following the webinar. Neither will be available after this time.
3. BOTH LIVE WEBINAR & ARCHIVED WEBINAR (INCLUDES FREE CD ROM*)
Options 1 and 2 described above
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE
*CD ROM is for Mac and PC use only
This event is being conducted by CU Web Training on behalf of the Missouri Credit Union Association. Click here to register: https://mcua.fed.cuwebtraining.com/store/webinar
August 22nd, 2013 2:00 PM through 3:30 PM