Webinar: Lending Series: Advanced Underwriting Skills for Consumer Loans
Consumer loan competition will likely be fierce. Are you prepared? Credit unions must position themselves to meet their members’ credit needs so that members look to their credit union first – not another financial institution. In addition to having the right consumer loan products, underwriters must re-examine and adjust underwriting skills to the “next level” to optimize the chances for successfully capturing every consumer loan at every touch point.
- Refine the credit factors being analyzed to quickly and efficiently make decisions on consumer loans
- “Read between the lines” to better decide on loan requests
- Increase consumer loan opportunities by appropriately approving additional loan products for applicants and answer the question: Is there a consumer loan “magic bullet” that will bring in more consumer loan volume?
- Analyze how the effects of the recession have affected consumers’ financial condition
- How the recession has impacted the adequacy of borrowers’ credit scores and credit reports
- Connecting borrowers’ credit behavior before the recession and today
- Refresh underwriting factor considerations to the 5 key underwriting criteria that should be considered in every consumer loan request
- Negative credit conditions for consumers, which were not negative before the recession
- Know when to use “deep-dive” (full investigation) underwriting techniques with consumer loans and when a less investigative underwriting approach should be applied
- Retain existing borrowers, recapture members that have borrowed from other financial institutions, and increase consumer loan volume
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful for CFOs, CLOs, lending officers, and others who work in lending.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Bruce Hull, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Bruce Hull has more than 30 years’ lending experience. His knowledge and ability to communicate have made him a sought-after speaker in the areas of lending, collections, and sales. Bruce has served in several capacities, including: the VP of lending for two large credit unions; the director of collections; a lender in two banks and a savings and loan; a lending professional with one of the nation’s top credit union audit firms; and an expert witness in loan fraud and bond claim cases.
Bruce has been a frequent presenter at conferences around the country for 20+ years, including NCUA seminars. He attended the University of Nevada in Reno and earned a Retail Banking Diploma from the American Institute of Banking.
THREE REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing this webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
1. LIVE WEBINAR
The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone. Registrants receive a toll-free number and pass code that allow entrance to the seminar. The session will be approximately 90 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Seminar materials, including instructions, PIN number, and handouts will be emailed to you prior to the broadcast. You will need the most-current version of Adobe Reader available free at www.adobe.com.
Listen to the
Instructions will be emailed to you with
2. ON-DEMAND WEB LINK & FREE CD ROM*
Can’t attend the live webinar? The on-demand web link is a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address so you may ask follow-up questions. Approximately one week prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with the web link. This web link can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 6 business days after the webinar and will expire 6 months after the live program date.
As an added bonus, you will also receive a FREE audio/visual CD ROM.* The CD ROM includes the original audio/visual presentation, the question and answer sessions, and the handouts. Use the on-demand link or this “off-the-shelf” training program for those that could not attend the live seminar and for future training.
LIMITED AVAILABILITY: The on-demand web link and CD ROM may ONLY be ordered for 6 months following the webinar. Neither the link nor CD will be available after this time.
3. BOTH LIVE WEBINAR & ON-DEMAND WEB LINK (INCLUDES FREE CD ROM*)
Options 1 and 2 described above
AFFORDABLE, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, WHEN AND WHERE YOU CHOOSE
*CD ROM is for Mac and PC use only
This event is being conducted by CU Web Training on behalf of the Missouri Credit Union Association. Click here to register.
October 23rd, 2012 2:00 PM through 3:30 PM