CUlead | Leadership, Excellence and Development
CUlead Program | Leadership, Excellence and Development
CUlead is a program aimed at building and enhancing our credit union management staffs' leadership abilities to further the credit union and cooperative movements.
It's an extensive leadership program with interactive discussions, insightful projects, and focused practices. For complete information view the brochure.
Who should apply?
- Mid-level management in Kansas and Missouri who are ready to develop executive leadership skills.
- Two or more years management or supervisory experience recommended.
About the Program
Why apply for CUlead?
- Develop leadership skills and competencies
- Interact with your peers to share and learn from each other
- Build on current leadership abilities
- Learn from nationally recognized presenters and industry experts
- Engage in dialog with peers and speakers
Participant Program Expectations
- Complete all pre-session assignments.
- Complete group and individual assignments and projects in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in all sessions. This includes being a group leader, making presentations to the group and more.
- Identify and select a mentor who will assist the participant in the program.
- Communicate roles and responsibilities to mentor.
- $1,750 - scholarships available
2017 CUlead Program Overview
For complete session descriptions and additional information view the brochure.
- Credit union history and philosophy
- Importance of advocacy
- HR & the new leader
- February 1: Missouri Credit Union Day at the Capital, Jefferson City, MO (Missouri participants only)
- February 15: Kansas Credit Union Day at he Capital, Topeka, KS (Kansas participants only)
- Leadership and personality
- Financial management and regulator insights
- Effective communication
- Media/crisis communication
- Field Trip: The Merc Co-op, Lawrence, KS
- Risk management
- Strategic planning
- Field trip: Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Field trip: Tour of local credit unions
Contact Amy Pennington, 314.542.1321.